Though The Seed orchestrated an epic hip-hop Heist on their last feature, the truth behind their fantasies of of fast money is of course, that the Cali underground crew are just like (most of) you and me: regular folks Trying to make an honest buck in a world filled with struggle. The latest in the crew string of Booth-exclusive world premiere, this down-to-earth selection finds crew member Adikt 1 and DJ Packo once again joining forces on the production tip, cooking up a fresh and funky instrumental laced with vintage soul samples and old-school scratches. Uptown Swuite and Kahlee come with thoughtful rhymes to match, touching upon concerns shared by all too many in today’s America – from the pressures of credit card debt, to the struggle of raising children on a meager income, right on down to the fear and desperation of those who must resort to “illegal methods” to survive. A bracing dose of realness sure to get the attention of underground heads, Trying is just the beginning of the fresh material in store on The Seed’s self-titled, Booth-sponsored and hosted LP, set to hit our mixtape page May 3.
Written by richard on 04/19/11
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.