Though The Seed orchestrated an epic hip-hop Heist on their last feature, the truth behind their fantasies of of fast money is of course, that the Cali underground crew are just like (most of) you and me: regular folks Trying to make an honest buck in a world filled with struggle. The latest in the crew string of Booth-exclusive world premiere, this down-to-earth selection finds crew member Adikt 1 and DJ Packo once again joining forces on the production tip, cooking up a fresh and funky instrumental laced with vintage soul samples and old-school scratches. Uptown Swuite and Kahlee come with thoughtful rhymes to match, touching upon concerns shared by all too many in today’s America – from the pressures of credit card debt, to the struggle of raising children on a meager income, right on down to the fear and desperation of those who must resort to “illegal methods” to survive. A bracing dose of realness sure to get the attention of underground heads, Trying is just the beginning of the fresh material in store on The Seed’s self-titled, Booth-sponsored and hosted LP, set to hit our mixtape page May 3.
Written by richard on 04/19/11
Submit your Rating
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.