Fans at a hip-hop show can always count on an emcee instructing everyone to “throw your hands up high!” Whether it’s a backpacker or trap-rapper, the command to get your get your Hands High is the universal call for crowd participation. So it’s only right that The Seed (comprised of Kahlee and Uptown Swuite) enlist Rakaa of the legendary Dilated Peoples to describe the arsenal they utilize when performing. A DJBooth world premiere, produced by Adikt 1, Hands High is a smooth and groovy horns-driven track where all three emcees take turns showing just how live they can get. Hands High is a loosie, it doesn’t appear to attached to any larger project, but that shouldn’t stop emcees from taking notes as The Seed and Rakaa provide a dope guide on how to properly rock a crowd.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.