Fans at a hip-hop show can always count on an emcee instructing everyone to “throw your hands up high!” Whether it’s a backpacker or trap-rapper, the command to get your get your Hands High is the universal call for crowd participation. So it’s only right that The Seed (comprised of Kahlee and Uptown Swuite) enlist Rakaa of the legendary Dilated Peoples to describe the arsenal they utilize when performing. A DJBooth world premiere, produced by Adikt 1, Hands High is a smooth and groovy horns-driven track where all three emcees take turns showing just how live they can get. Hands High is a loosie, it doesn’t appear to attached to any larger project, but that shouldn’t stop emcees from taking notes as The Seed and Rakaa provide a dope guide on how to properly rock a crowd.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.