Fans at a hip-hop show can always count on an emcee instructing everyone to “throw your hands up high!” Whether it’s a backpacker or trap-rapper, the command to get your get your Hands High is the universal call for crowd participation. So it’s only right that The Seed (comprised of Kahlee and Uptown Swuite) enlist Rakaa of the legendary Dilated Peoples to describe the arsenal they utilize when performing. A DJBooth world premiere, produced by Adikt 1, Hands High is a smooth and groovy horns-driven track where all three emcees take turns showing just how live they can get. Hands High is a loosie, it doesn’t appear to attached to any larger project, but that shouldn’t stop emcees from taking notes as The Seed and Rakaa provide a dope guide on how to properly rock a crowd.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.