In mid-June, Brooklyn DJ collective The Rub made their grand entrance into The DJBooth with Feel You, an understated alt-R&B jam which earned positive feedback from our readers. Today, the record returns in remixed form, courtesy of underground beatsmith Marco Polo. This rendition of the cut retains the original‘s chill vibe but, as you’d expect from the man behind the boards, has a stronger hip-hop influence. In addition to fortifying the beat with heavier percussion and a more robust piano loop, Polo supplements D.C. songstress Misun‘s vocals with a bombastic guest 16 from M.O.P.‘s Lil Fame. Is this grittier remix an improvement over the original? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. Marco Polo’s take on Feel You is part of forthcoming EP The Rub Remixed, dropping digitally July 30.
Written by richard on 07/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.