In mid-June, Brooklyn DJ collective The Rub made their grand entrance into The DJBooth with Feel You, an understated alt-R&B jam which earned positive feedback from our readers. Today, the record returns in remixed form, courtesy of underground beatsmith Marco Polo. This rendition of the cut retains the original‘s chill vibe but, as you’d expect from the man behind the boards, has a stronger hip-hop influence. In addition to fortifying the beat with heavier percussion and a more robust piano loop, Polo supplements D.C. songstress Misun‘s vocals with a bombastic guest 16 from M.O.P.‘s Lil Fame. Is this grittier remix an improvement over the original? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. Marco Polo’s take on Feel You is part of forthcoming EP The Rub Remixed, dropping digitally July 30.
Written by richard on 07/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.