When my friends and I are group-texting, we are quick to correct each other’s grammar as a way to piss off the author of the original mistake-laden text. (We also always send the police Emoji to represent the grammar patrol.) While you might be able to call the grammar police on The Regiment for the title of their latest effort, I Seen It All Before, you most certainly can’t call the whack rhymes police, because this cut is damn near flawless. The Detroit duo impress with a pair of crisp, charismatic verses, showcasing their ability to blend a heavy-handed approach with an upbeat, refreshing sound. Joining The Regiment over Alter Ego’s horn-drenched beat is guest artist Kam Moye (aka Supastition), who sounds like he could be the third member of the Regiment, exhibiting a similarly educated, demonstrative style. You’ll be able to find I Seen It All Before and much more on The Regiment’s forthcoming project, the Off the Record EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.