When my friends and I are group-texting, we are quick to correct each other’s grammar as a way to piss off the author of the original mistake-laden text. (We also always send the police Emoji to represent the grammar patrol.) While you might be able to call the grammar police on The Regiment for the title of their latest effort, I Seen It All Before, you most certainly can’t call the whack rhymes police, because this cut is damn near flawless. The Detroit duo impress with a pair of crisp, charismatic verses, showcasing their ability to blend a heavy-handed approach with an upbeat, refreshing sound. Joining The Regiment over Alter Ego’s horn-drenched beat is guest artist Kam Moye (aka Supastition), who sounds like he could be the third member of the Regiment, exhibiting a similarly educated, demonstrative style. You’ll be able to find I Seen It All Before and much more on The Regiment’s forthcoming project, the Off the Record EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/8/13
Soul Tools Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.