When my friends and I are group-texting, we are quick to correct each other’s grammar as a way to piss off the author of the original mistake-laden text. (We also always send the police Emoji to represent the grammar patrol.) While you might be able to call the grammar police on The Regiment for the title of their latest effort, I Seen It All Before, you most certainly can’t call the whack rhymes police, because this cut is damn near flawless. The Detroit duo impress with a pair of crisp, charismatic verses, showcasing their ability to blend a heavy-handed approach with an upbeat, refreshing sound. Joining The Regiment over Alter Ego’s horn-drenched beat is guest artist Kam Moye (aka Supastition), who sounds like he could be the third member of the Regiment, exhibiting a similarly educated, demonstrative style. You’ll be able to find I Seen It All Before and much more on The Regiment’s forthcoming project, the Off the Record EP.
Soul Tools Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.