As artists committed to keeping it 100, The Regiment are obligated to rap about life’s downs as well as its ups. On new single Get Away, however, OSI and IseQold manage to make said downs sound downright uplifting, lacing Soulgate‘s lush sample work with rhymes about their struggles to stay afloat in the faith of hardship and self-doubt. Complete with chorus vocals by singer Vincent J. Kelly, this cut is just one of many original jams set to appear on the Motown natives’ Panic Button LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 11/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)