As artists committed to keeping it 100, The Regiment are obligated to rap about life’s downs as well as its ups. On new single Get Away, however, OSI and IseQold manage to make said downs sound downright uplifting, lacing Soulgate‘s lush sample work with rhymes about their struggles to stay afloat in the faith of hardship and self-doubt. Complete with chorus vocals by singer Vincent J. Kelly, this cut is just one of many original jams set to appear on the Motown natives’ Panic Button LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 11/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.