As artists committed to keeping it 100, The Regiment are obligated to rap about life’s downs as well as its ups. On new single Get Away, however, OSI and IseQold manage to make said downs sound downright uplifting, lacing Soulgate‘s lush sample work with rhymes about their struggles to stay afloat in the faith of hardship and self-doubt. Complete with chorus vocals by singer Vincent J. Kelly, this cut is just one of many original jams set to appear on the Motown natives’ Panic Button LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 11/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.