As artists committed to keeping it 100, The Regiment are obligated to rap about life’s downs as well as its ups. On new single Get Away, however, OSI and IseQold manage to make said downs sound downright uplifting, lacing Soulgate‘s lush sample work with rhymes about their struggles to stay afloat in the faith of hardship and self-doubt. Complete with chorus vocals by singer Vincent J. Kelly, this cut is just one of many original jams set to appear on the Motown natives’ Panic Button LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 11/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.