Are fame and fortune really all they’re cracked up to be? Beats me—having my byline plastered all over the Booth is about as close I’ve gotten to any kind of stardom. Here to offer a more informed opinion are Earv Legend and Kose of The Redland. On their newly-leaked mixtape cut Dreamin’, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the Louisiana/Oklahoma-repping twosome scrape off the glittery veneer to reveal that the rich and famous are just as flawed as the rest of us. As on their first feature, You Say You Love Me, Earv and Kose back their thoughtful rhymes with a genre-fusing instrumental, this time pairing minor-key guitar arpeggios with driving percussion and synth ambiance. Unlike the rap stars they describe in this track, The Redland are about substance over flash, and their commitment to realness is sure to earn them shine in the Booth. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to our front page for two more exclusive world premieres leading up to the September 29th release of the duo’s DJBooth.net-presented mixtape, The Free Album.
Written by richard on 09/13/09
Submit your Rating
Redland Ent. (Unsigned)
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Say You Love Me" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.