Over the course of the summer, Los Angeles underground crew The Procussions (consisting of Mr. J Medeiros and Stro Elliot) have been busy cooking up fan-commissioned jams as part of their Pro-Exclusive Series. For entry #3, Virginia Wolf, they decided to try something a little different, inviting visual artists to submit potential promo artwork in advance of the record’s release. The winning visuals, as selected by fans on Facebook, come courtesy of Lisa Nashad. As for the record itself, it’s a characteristically dope piece of work. Over his own mellow keys and head-noddable rhythm section, Stro spins a marriage-on-the-rocks narrative inspired by classic 1966 film Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned for further Pro-Exclusive releases, as well as the latest on The Procussions’ as yet-unscheduled junior album.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.