Over the course of the summer, Los Angeles underground crew The Procussions (consisting of Mr. J Medeiros and Stro Elliot) have been busy cooking up fan-commissioned jams as part of their Pro-Exclusive Series. For entry #3, Virginia Wolf, they decided to try something a little different, inviting visual artists to submit potential promo artwork in advance of the record’s release. The winning visuals, as selected by fans on Facebook, come courtesy of Lisa Nashad. As for the record itself, it’s a characteristically dope piece of work. Over his own mellow keys and head-noddable rhythm section, Stro spins a marriage-on-the-rocks narrative inspired by classic 1966 film Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned for further Pro-Exclusive releases, as well as the latest on The Procussions’ as yet-unscheduled junior album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!