Over the course of the summer, Los Angeles underground crew The Procussions (consisting of Mr. J Medeiros and Stro Elliot) have been busy cooking up fan-commissioned jams as part of their Pro-Exclusive Series. For entry #3, Virginia Wolf, they decided to try something a little different, inviting visual artists to submit potential promo artwork in advance of the record’s release. The winning visuals, as selected by fans on Facebook, come courtesy of Lisa Nashad. As for the record itself, it’s a characteristically dope piece of work. Over his own mellow keys and head-noddable rhythm section, Stro spins a marriage-on-the-rocks narrative inspired by classic 1966 film Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned for further Pro-Exclusive releases, as well as the latest on The Procussions’ as yet-unscheduled junior album.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.