In late 2012, Mr. J. Medeiros and Stro Elliot of Colorado crew The Procussions promised to rejoin forces for their first joint LP in seven years if their fans were willing to invest $10,000 in the project via IndieGogo. After receiving nearly twice that amount over the course of their campaign, the L.A.-based duo are now hard at work on the set. As a “hint” of what fans can expect, the duo have unleashed non-album promo single Today. Here, Elliot’s breezy, swung boardwork (featuring jazz trumpet by Italian musician Kyle Gregory) sets the stage for characteristically complex, introspective bars from Medeiros, as well as guest rhymes by Shad. Fans can look forward to an official single and European tour this March, in anticipation of the April release of The Procussions’ self-titled full-length. In the meantime, “best of” compilation Up Till Now is still available for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Moon and Back" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.