In late 2012, underground hip-hop fans voted with their wallets to bring West Coast duo The Procussions back together for their first studio album since 2006. Having teased listeners with last-February’s Today, an outtake from their recording sessions, the crew are back on our pages with the first official single off the set. On The Fringe, Stro Elliot‘s retro, rock-infused boardwork clatters in the background as he and partner-in-rhyme Mr. J. Medeiros reflect on the perversion of the American Dream in agile verses. Fresh, energizing and lyrically on-point, this joint accurately sums up The Procussions’ comeback LP. If you’re feeling it, stream and purchase the set here at The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the Justin Knodel-directed visuals for The Procussions’ ‘13 single, The Fringe.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.