In late 2012, underground hip-hop fans voted with their wallets to bring West Coast duo The Procussions back together for their first studio album since 2006. Having teased listeners with last-February’s Today, an outtake from their recording sessions, the crew are back on our pages with the first official single off the set. On The Fringe, Stro Elliot‘s retro, rock-infused boardwork clatters in the background as he and partner-in-rhyme Mr. J. Medeiros reflect on the perversion of the American Dream in agile verses. Fresh, energizing and lyrically on-point, this joint accurately sums up The Procussions’ comeback LP. If you’re feeling it, stream and purchase the set here at The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the Justin Knodel-directed visuals for The Procussions’ ‘13 single, The Fringe.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.