In late 2012, underground hip-hop fans voted with their wallets to bring West Coast duo The Procussions back together for their first studio album since 2006. Having teased listeners with last-February’s Today, an outtake from their recording sessions, the crew are back on our pages with the first official single off the set. On The Fringe, Stro Elliot‘s retro, rock-infused boardwork clatters in the background as he and partner-in-rhyme Mr. J. Medeiros reflect on the perversion of the American Dream in agile verses. Fresh, energizing and lyrically on-point, this joint accurately sums up The Procussions’ comeback LP. If you’re feeling it, stream and purchase the set here at The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the Justin Knodel-directed visuals for The Procussions’ ‘13 single, The Fringe.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.