In late 2012, underground hip-hop fans voted with their wallets to bring West Coast duo The Procussions back together for their first studio album since 2006. Having teased listeners with last-February’s Today, an outtake from their recording sessions, the crew are back on our pages with the first official single off the set. On The Fringe, Stro Elliot‘s retro, rock-infused boardwork clatters in the background as he and partner-in-rhyme Mr. J. Medeiros reflect on the perversion of the American Dream in agile verses. Fresh, energizing and lyrically on-point, this joint accurately sums up The Procussions’ comeback LP. If you’re feeling it, stream and purchase the set here at The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the Justin Knodel-directed visuals for The Procussions’ ‘13 single, The Fringe.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.