In late 2012, underground hip-hop fans voted with their wallets to bring West Coast duo The Procussions back together for their first studio album since 2006. Having teased listeners with last-February’s Today, an outtake from their recording sessions, the crew are back on our pages with the first official single off the set. On The Fringe, Stro Elliot‘s retro, rock-infused boardwork clatters in the background as he and partner-in-rhyme Mr. J. Medeiros reflect on the perversion of the American Dream in agile verses. Fresh, energizing and lyrically on-point, this joint accurately sums up The Procussions’ comeback LP. If you’re feeling it, stream and purchase the set here at The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the Justin Knodel-directed visuals for The Procussions’ ‘13 single, The Fringe.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)