Phantasm, a standout off The Procussions’ recently-released comeback LP, has received the remix treatment courtesy of Atom, a member of French hip-hop supergroup C2C. On the album version, Mr. J Medeiros‘s fast-paced bars were accompanied by the grimy in-house production of crewmate Stro Elliott. This time around, Atom’s swirling synths and stomp-clap percussion imbue the record with a more glossy, upbeat vibe. As on the original, C2C rhymesayer 20Syl drops by halfway through to deliver a guest 16 en Français. Which version do you prefer? Debate away! For those who haven’t already copped it, The Procussions’ self-titled full-length is available for streaming and purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.