Phantasm, a standout off The Procussions’ recently-released comeback LP, has received the remix treatment courtesy of Atom, a member of French hip-hop supergroup C2C. On the album version, Mr. J Medeiros‘s fast-paced bars were accompanied by the grimy in-house production of crewmate Stro Elliott. This time around, Atom’s swirling synths and stomp-clap percussion imbue the record with a more glossy, upbeat vibe. As on the original, C2C rhymesayer 20Syl drops by halfway through to deliver a guest 16 en Français. Which version do you prefer? Debate away! For those who haven’t already copped it, The Procussions’ self-titled full-length is available for streaming and purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.