Phantasm, a standout off The Procussions’ recently-released comeback LP, has received the remix treatment courtesy of Atom, a member of French hip-hop supergroup C2C. On the album version, Mr. J Medeiros‘s fast-paced bars were accompanied by the grimy in-house production of crewmate Stro Elliott. This time around, Atom’s swirling synths and stomp-clap percussion imbue the record with a more glossy, upbeat vibe. As on the original, C2C rhymesayer 20Syl drops by halfway through to deliver a guest 16 en Français. Which version do you prefer? Debate away! For those who haven’t already copped it, The Procussions’ self-titled full-length is available for streaming and purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.