Because of the shape of their claws, cats have no trouble climbing trees, but are incapable of getting down without a leap of faith—or the help of a friendly neighborhood fireman. The latest leak off The Procussions’ crowd-funded comeback set finds the Los Angeles duo in a similar predicament: “I’m stuck On a Mountain, and the only way down… is up.” In contrast to the project’s rock-infused lead single, The Fringe, this record has a more uplifting pop vibe, with Mr. J. Medeiros chronicling his quest to achieve greatness over the dreamy, anthemic production of partner Stro Elliot. Singer Logan provides the hook, as well as backing vocal harmonies throughout the cut. The Procussions’ junior full-length as yet lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival. In the meantime, fans can still cop the group’s last mixtape, Up ‘Till Now, for free in the Booth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Procussions’ Tim Hans-directed On a Mountain visual.
Written by richard on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.