It’s a LUSH world out there—and I’m not talking “covered with healthy green plants.” On the latest entry in their Pro-Exclusive Series, Los Angeles-based hip-hop crew The Procussions set out to raise awareness about the sexual abuse of women and girls, who are “harvested” and exploited by predators the world over. Stro Elliot‘s melancholy piano loops accompany Mr. J. Medeiros as he spits from the perspective of a paternalistic pimp, before zooming out to offer a broader psychological perspective on the sex trade. Singer Alice Amelia lends her vocals to the hook. In addition to watching our pages for further Pro-Exclusive cuts, you can click here to cop The Procussions’ self-titled studio album, released in September for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)