It’s a LUSH world out there—and I’m not talking “covered with healthy green plants.” On the latest entry in their Pro-Exclusive Series, Los Angeles-based hip-hop crew The Procussions set out to raise awareness about the sexual abuse of women and girls, who are “harvested” and exploited by predators the world over. Stro Elliot‘s melancholy piano loops accompany Mr. J. Medeiros as he spits from the perspective of a paternalistic pimp, before zooming out to offer a broader psychological perspective on the sex trade. Singer Alice Amelia lends her vocals to the hook. In addition to watching our pages for further Pro-Exclusive cuts, you can click here to cop The Procussions’ self-titled studio album, released in September for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.