It’s a LUSH world out there—and I’m not talking “covered with healthy green plants.” On the latest entry in their Pro-Exclusive Series, Los Angeles-based hip-hop crew The Procussions set out to raise awareness about the sexual abuse of women and girls, who are “harvested” and exploited by predators the world over. Stro Elliot‘s melancholy piano loops accompany Mr. J. Medeiros as he spits from the perspective of a paternalistic pimp, before zooming out to offer a broader psychological perspective on the sex trade. Singer Alice Amelia lends her vocals to the hook. In addition to watching our pages for further Pro-Exclusive cuts, you can click here to cop The Procussions’ self-titled studio album, released in September for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.