It’s a LUSH world out there—and I’m not talking “covered with healthy green plants.” On the latest entry in their Pro-Exclusive Series, Los Angeles-based hip-hop crew The Procussions set out to raise awareness about the sexual abuse of women and girls, who are “harvested” and exploited by predators the world over. Stro Elliot‘s melancholy piano loops accompany Mr. J. Medeiros as he spits from the perspective of a paternalistic pimp, before zooming out to offer a broader psychological perspective on the sex trade. Singer Alice Amelia lends her vocals to the hook. In addition to watching our pages for further Pro-Exclusive cuts, you can click here to cop The Procussions’ self-titled studio album, released in September for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.