It’s a LUSH world out there—and I’m not talking “covered with healthy green plants.” On the latest entry in their Pro-Exclusive Series, Los Angeles-based hip-hop crew The Procussions set out to raise awareness about the sexual abuse of women and girls, who are “harvested” and exploited by predators the world over. Stro Elliot‘s melancholy piano loops accompany Mr. J. Medeiros as he spits from the perspective of a paternalistic pimp, before zooming out to offer a broader psychological perspective on the sex trade. Singer Alice Amelia lends her vocals to the hook. In addition to watching our pages for further Pro-Exclusive cuts, you can click here to cop The Procussions’ self-titled studio album, released in September for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)