Some songs lack that certain pop that is needed to create a true hit, but that isn’t a knock on anyone; even for the greatest songwriters, that elusive quality is tough to achieve. The Procussions’ new joint, the latest in their Pro-Exclusive Series, isn’t one of those songs with a pop… it has an EXPLOSIAAAN! Group member Stro Elliot‘s sample-driven production acts as the gunpowder, exploding when it comes into contact with the crisp, fiery flows of Mr. J. Medeiros. If your ears were singed by this EXPLOSIAAAN! (in a good way, of course) be sure to check out the duo’s upcoming, self-titled LP, due out on September 24. If you like to sample before you buy, you’re in luck; there will be a steam of the project available right here in The DJBooth a day before its release.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.