You don’t have to be American professional surfer Kelly Slater or one of the characters from Rocket Power to enjoy the latest single from The Pro Letarians. In fact, Wavy has absolutely nothing to do with the ocean, but it will sneak up on you, dragging you in before you realized what happened; a lot like the under toe. Producer J.O’s cushiony production, highlighted with an airy tone that is paced by a unique, muffled synth effect, is complimented by DJ Boi Jeanius’ cuts and scratches, creating a smooth track that contains a splash of ruggedness. That soft yet subtly raw timbre is hammered home by emcee Jupiter Jim‘s similar style, whose flow is on point but has a slight slur, giving the track an unpolished feel despite his fluid delivery. There is no word yet on whether or not Wavy will be a part of anything larger, but you can catch the duo performing in the Midwest and East Coast starting in May.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"33 Vergions" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.