You don’t have to be American professional surfer Kelly Slater or one of the characters from Rocket Power to enjoy the latest single from The Pro Letarians. In fact, Wavy has absolutely nothing to do with the ocean, but it will sneak up on you, dragging you in before you realized what happened; a lot like the under toe. Producer J.O’s cushiony production, highlighted with an airy tone that is paced by a unique, muffled synth effect, is complimented by DJ Boi Jeanius’ cuts and scratches, creating a smooth track that contains a splash of ruggedness. That soft yet subtly raw timbre is hammered home by emcee Jupiter Jim‘s similar style, whose flow is on point but has a slight slur, giving the track an unpolished feel despite his fluid delivery. There is no word yet on whether or not Wavy will be a part of anything larger, but you can catch the duo performing in the Midwest and East Coast starting in May.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"33 Vergions" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.