As enterprising hip-hoppers on their hustle, The Pro Letarians ain’t about to spend the summer vegging out on the beach, but that doesn’t mean they’re not going to take full advantage of the Good Weather. The latest track off the Midwestern crew’s DJBooth-sponsored sophomore street release to receive an official visual accompaniment courtesy of Winky Productions (Church hit our front page back in February), this cut finds beatsmith JO slicing and dicing a string-drenched soul sample as Jupiter Jim mixes business with pleasure. Though the emcee begins by inviting his homies (and a girl he’s been crushing on since middle school) to jump in his Sebring for a leisurely drive through the Chi-town streets, the subject quickly turns to his ambitions in the game: “I’m about my business like it’s Dow Jones / Tryin’ to get stuffed with cheddar like I’m a calzone.” Whether you’re spending June through August working or playing—or doing a little bit of both—this breezy yet ambitious jam should be the perfect soundtrack. For more bangers, check out The Pro Letarians’ Hello Forever LP, released in March and available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"33 Vergions" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.