As enterprising hip-hoppers on their hustle, The Pro Letarians ain’t about to spend the summer vegging out on the beach, but that doesn’t mean they’re not going to take full advantage of the Good Weather. The latest track off the Midwestern crew’s DJBooth-sponsored sophomore street release to receive an official visual accompaniment courtesy of Winky Productions (Church hit our front page back in February), this cut finds beatsmith JO slicing and dicing a string-drenched soul sample as Jupiter Jim mixes business with pleasure. Though the emcee begins by inviting his homies (and a girl he’s been crushing on since middle school) to jump in his Sebring for a leisurely drive through the Chi-town streets, the subject quickly turns to his ambitions in the game: “I’m about my business like it’s Dow Jones / Tryin’ to get stuffed with cheddar like I’m a calzone.” Whether you’re spending June through August working or playing—or doing a little bit of both—this breezy yet ambitious jam should be the perfect soundtrack. For more bangers, check out The Pro Letarians’ Hello Forever LP, released in March and available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"33 Vergions" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.