As enterprising hip-hoppers on their hustle, The Pro Letarians ain’t about to spend the summer vegging out on the beach, but that doesn’t mean they’re not going to take full advantage of the Good Weather. The latest track off the Midwestern crew’s DJBooth-sponsored sophomore street release to receive an official visual accompaniment courtesy of Winky Productions (Church hit our front page back in February), this cut finds beatsmith JO slicing and dicing a string-drenched soul sample as Jupiter Jim mixes business with pleasure. Though the emcee begins by inviting his homies (and a girl he’s been crushing on since middle school) to jump in his Sebring for a leisurely drive through the Chi-town streets, the subject quickly turns to his ambitions in the game: “I’m about my business like it’s Dow Jones / Tryin’ to get stuffed with cheddar like I’m a calzone.” Whether you’re spending June through August working or playing—or doing a little bit of both—this breezy yet ambitious jam should be the perfect soundtrack. For more bangers, check out The Pro Letarians’ Hello Forever LP, released in March and available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/6/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"33 Vergions" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)