Hope you’ve all got your Sunday best laid out on the bed, because The Pro Letarians are taking us to Church. Fresh off threatening to blow up the game (and collect their 33 Vergions) on their late-January Booth debut, the Bloomington, Indiana duo conduct a full-on hip-hop tent revival on the newly-released follow-up single. JO comes correct on the production serving up a dense, bluesy beat reminiscent of Twisted Fantasy-era Kanye, and emcee Jupiter Jim channels a little of that “angry Yeezy” flow to match. Nonetheless, he attacks the mic with a swagger all his own, talking up his future in the game and bombarding the competition with pithy trash-talk: “I know you hate when it’s time for the offering—you ain’t got nothing to offer.” Does this braggadocious banger have you on your knees, praising the Lord? If so, download The Pro Letarians’ Hello Forever LP now.
Written by richard on 05/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"33 Vergions" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.