Hope you’ve all got your Sunday best laid out on the bed, because The Pro Letarians are taking us to Church. Fresh off threatening to blow up the game (and collect their 33 Vergions) on their late-January Booth debut, the Bloomington, Indiana duo conduct a full-on hip-hop tent revival on the newly-released follow-up single. JO comes correct on the production serving up a dense, bluesy beat reminiscent of Twisted Fantasy-era Kanye, and emcee Jupiter Jim channels a little of that “angry Yeezy” flow to match. Nonetheless, he attacks the mic with a swagger all his own, talking up his future in the game and bombarding the competition with pithy trash-talk: “I know you hate when it’s time for the offering—you ain’t got nothing to offer.” Does this braggadocious banger have you on your knees, praising the Lord? If so, download The Pro Letarians’ Hello Forever LP now.
Written by richard on 05/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"33 Vergions" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.