The Primeridian and Tall Black Guy are back at it following the release of their recent album Darling Lure. They premiered Live From the Belly, featuring ADaD, at the Darling Lure release party and after plenty of admiration from the crowd they decided to release it to the wider world. On Live these three compose a hip-hop sound that’s normally associated, which is just fine with them because the underground scene is where they reside. I say these three because Primeridian is made up of two emcees, See-Me-On and Race, with Tall Black Guy as the solo producer. Together they’ve created what hip hop is meant to be, the mixing and sampling of many different things to create an awesome sound. From the strings, the percussion pattern, the distorted vocal sample, a xylophone and a ton more, Belly is just a perfect example of what talented artists can do when properly inspired. For more inspirational examples be sure to cop Darling Lure, available now.
Written by Trixx on 10/11/11
All Natural Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take You There ft. Imani (of Pharcyde), Iomos Marad & Yaw" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.