The Primeridian and Tall Black Guy are back at it following the release of their recent album Darling Lure. They premiered Live From the Belly, featuring ADaD, at the Darling Lure release party and after plenty of admiration from the crowd they decided to release it to the wider world. On Live these three compose a hip-hop sound that’s normally associated, which is just fine with them because the underground scene is where they reside. I say these three because Primeridian is made up of two emcees, See-Me-On and Race, with Tall Black Guy as the solo producer. Together they’ve created what hip hop is meant to be, the mixing and sampling of many different things to create an awesome sound. From the strings, the percussion pattern, the distorted vocal sample, a xylophone and a ton more, Belly is just a perfect example of what talented artists can do when properly inspired. For more inspirational examples be sure to cop Darling Lure, available now.
Written by Trixx on 10/11/11
Submit your Rating
All Natural Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take You There ft. Imani (of Pharcyde), Iomos Marad & Yaw" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.