The Primeridian and Tall Black Guy are back at it following the release of their recent album Darling Lure. They premiered Live From the Belly, featuring ADaD, at the Darling Lure release party and after plenty of admiration from the crowd they decided to release it to the wider world. On Live these three compose a hip-hop sound that’s normally associated, which is just fine with them because the underground scene is where they reside. I say these three because Primeridian is made up of two emcees, See-Me-On and Race, with Tall Black Guy as the solo producer. Together they’ve created what hip hop is meant to be, the mixing and sampling of many different things to create an awesome sound. From the strings, the percussion pattern, the distorted vocal sample, a xylophone and a ton more, Belly is just a perfect example of what talented artists can do when properly inspired. For more inspirational examples be sure to cop Darling Lure, available now.
Written by Trixx on 10/11/11
Submit your Rating
All Natural Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take You There ft. Imani (of Pharcyde), Iomos Marad & Yaw" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.