However consequence-free a fling may seem, there are invariably unexpected (and often nasty) After Effects. Just ask Thig Natural, Monk Wordsmith and Just “Justo” D’Amato, together known as The Physics. On their latest promo single and first Booth feature, the Seattle trio hook up with a Pacific Northwestern Booth fave to school school listeners on a few of the many ways in which hitting-it-and-quitting it can go wrong. Just handles production duties, slicing-and-dicing bass and vocal samples into a uniquely catchy backdrop for his colleagues’ narrative bars, which find them cautioning against the headache of hooking up with an ex and the perils of letting alcohol erode your standards. Freestyle alum Grynch (who brought The Physics to the Booth’s attention) lends his lyrical stylings to the front, recounting how an inadvisable jump-off turned into a “stage five clinger.” in an engaging guest 16. Has this hip-hop PSA left your interest piqued? Then stay tuned—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes from these talented Emerald City natives.
Written by richard on 01/3/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.