However consequence-free a fling may seem, there are invariably unexpected (and often nasty) After Effects. Just ask Thig Natural, Monk Wordsmith and Just “Justo” D’Amato, together known as The Physics. On their latest promo single and first Booth feature, the Seattle trio hook up with a Pacific Northwestern Booth fave to school school listeners on a few of the many ways in which hitting-it-and-quitting it can go wrong. Just handles production duties, slicing-and-dicing bass and vocal samples into a uniquely catchy backdrop for his colleagues’ narrative bars, which find them cautioning against the headache of hooking up with an ex and the perils of letting alcohol erode your standards. Freestyle alum Grynch (who brought The Physics to the Booth’s attention) lends his lyrical stylings to the front, recounting how an inadvisable jump-off turned into a “stage five clinger.” in an engaging guest 16. Has this hip-hop PSA left your interest piqued? Then stay tuned—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes from these talented Emerald City natives.
Written by richard on 01/3/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.