However consequence-free a fling may seem, there are invariably unexpected (and often nasty) After Effects. Just ask Thig Natural, Monk Wordsmith and Just “Justo” D’Amato, together known as The Physics. On their latest promo single and first Booth feature, the Seattle trio hook up with a Pacific Northwestern Booth fave to school school listeners on a few of the many ways in which hitting-it-and-quitting it can go wrong. Just handles production duties, slicing-and-dicing bass and vocal samples into a uniquely catchy backdrop for his colleagues’ narrative bars, which find them cautioning against the headache of hooking up with an ex and the perils of letting alcohol erode your standards. Freestyle alum Grynch (who brought The Physics to the Booth’s attention) lends his lyrical stylings to the front, recounting how an inadvisable jump-off turned into a “stage five clinger.” in an engaging guest 16. Has this hip-hop PSA left your interest piqued? Then stay tuned—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes from these talented Emerald City natives.
Written by richard on 01/3/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)