If you live in the Midwest or on the East Coast, you have been thinking one thing and one thing only lately: “F**k, It’s Cold!” Since listening to Bob Marley or the Beach Boys will only make you want to punch California in the face, may I suggest wallowing in your misery with The Palmer Squares? On their new single, the charismatic duo (who hail from the Windy City, mind you) show that they know a thing or two about frigid temperatures. Their sharp, yet quirky and charismatic flows will make your lips blue, but what really makes this frostbitten effort shine is their sub-zero wordplay. Every rapper claims that he or she is “cold,” but few prove it with a simile involving Ted Williams’s head, or an X-rated Eskimo reference. Their clever, oddly colorful wordplay isn’t the only thing that’s chilly; Felly‘s sampled boardwork further enhances the joint’s icy vibe. It’s Cold can be found on The Palmer Squares’ Finna album, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.