If you live in the Midwest or on the East Coast, you have been thinking one thing and one thing only lately: “F**k, It’s Cold!” Since listening to Bob Marley or the Beach Boys will only make you want to punch California in the face, may I suggest wallowing in your misery with The Palmer Squares? On their new single, the charismatic duo (who hail from the Windy City, mind you) show that they know a thing or two about frigid temperatures. Their sharp, yet quirky and charismatic flows will make your lips blue, but what really makes this frostbitten effort shine is their sub-zero wordplay. Every rapper claims that he or she is “cold,” but few prove it with a simile involving Ted Williams’s head, or an X-rated Eskimo reference. Their clever, oddly colorful wordplay isn’t the only thing that’s chilly; Felly‘s sampled boardwork further enhances the joint’s icy vibe. It’s Cold can be found on The Palmer Squares’ Finna album, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.