If you live in the Midwest or on the East Coast, you have been thinking one thing and one thing only lately: “F**k, It’s Cold!” Since listening to Bob Marley or the Beach Boys will only make you want to punch California in the face, may I suggest wallowing in your misery with The Palmer Squares? On their new single, the charismatic duo (who hail from the Windy City, mind you) show that they know a thing or two about frigid temperatures. Their sharp, yet quirky and charismatic flows will make your lips blue, but what really makes this frostbitten effort shine is their sub-zero wordplay. Every rapper claims that he or she is “cold,” but few prove it with a simile involving Ted Williams’s head, or an X-rated Eskimo reference. Their clever, oddly colorful wordplay isn’t the only thing that’s chilly; Felly‘s sampled boardwork further enhances the joint’s icy vibe. It’s Cold can be found on The Palmer Squares’ Finna album, out now.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.