If you live in the Midwest or on the East Coast, you have been thinking one thing and one thing only lately: “F**k, It’s Cold!” Since listening to Bob Marley or the Beach Boys will only make you want to punch California in the face, may I suggest wallowing in your misery with The Palmer Squares? On their new single, the charismatic duo (who hail from the Windy City, mind you) show that they know a thing or two about frigid temperatures. Their sharp, yet quirky and charismatic flows will make your lips blue, but what really makes this frostbitten effort shine is their sub-zero wordplay. Every rapper claims that he or she is “cold,” but few prove it with a simile involving Ted Williams’s head, or an X-rated Eskimo reference. Their clever, oddly colorful wordplay isn’t the only thing that’s chilly; Felly‘s sampled boardwork further enhances the joint’s icy vibe. It’s Cold can be found on The Palmer Squares’ Finna album, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.