If you live in the Midwest or on the East Coast, you have been thinking one thing and one thing only lately: “F**k, It’s Cold!” Since listening to Bob Marley or the Beach Boys will only make you want to punch California in the face, may I suggest wallowing in your misery with The Palmer Squares? On their new single, the charismatic duo (who hail from the Windy City, mind you) show that they know a thing or two about frigid temperatures. Their sharp, yet quirky and charismatic flows will make your lips blue, but what really makes this frostbitten effort shine is their sub-zero wordplay. Every rapper claims that he or she is “cold,” but few prove it with a simile involving Ted Williams’s head, or an X-rated Eskimo reference. Their clever, oddly colorful wordplay isn’t the only thing that’s chilly; Felly‘s sampled boardwork further enhances the joint’s icy vibe. It’s Cold can be found on The Palmer Squares’ Finna album, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.