Experimentation and groundbreaking is all good, but there’s still nothing better than some dope raps over a soul instrumental. Case in point, Breakdown, the new release from The O’s, which lifts a thoroughly live and soulful instrumental from Angie Stone’s Do What U Gotta Do to head-nodding effect. Comprised of Kansan-born emcees Adullessence, Mike Schpitz and Stik Figa, The O’s more than do justice to Angie’s beat, breaking down the ins and outs of a life dedicated to pursueing hip-hop perfection. While Breakdown won’t be found on their forthcoming EP, with an introduction like this I’m sure fans of good music everywhere will be eagerly awaiting what did make the project.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)