Experimentation and groundbreaking is all good, but there’s still nothing better than some dope raps over a soul instrumental. Case in point, Breakdown, the new release from The O’s, which lifts a thoroughly live and soulful instrumental from Angie Stone’s Do What U Gotta Do to head-nodding effect. Comprised of Kansan-born emcees Adullessence, Mike Schpitz and Stik Figa, The O’s more than do justice to Angie’s beat, breaking down the ins and outs of a life dedicated to pursueing hip-hop perfection. While Breakdown won’t be found on their forthcoming EP, with an introduction like this I’m sure fans of good music everywhere will be eagerly awaiting what did make the project.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.