Experimentation and groundbreaking is all good, but there’s still nothing better than some dope raps over a soul instrumental. Case in point, Breakdown, the new release from The O’s, which lifts a thoroughly live and soulful instrumental from Angie Stone’s Do What U Gotta Do to head-nodding effect. Comprised of Kansan-born emcees Adullessence, Mike Schpitz and Stik Figa, The O’s more than do justice to Angie’s beat, breaking down the ins and outs of a life dedicated to pursueing hip-hop perfection. While Breakdown won’t be found on their forthcoming EP, with an introduction like this I’m sure fans of good music everywhere will be eagerly awaiting what did make the project.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.