Experimentation and groundbreaking is all good, but there’s still nothing better than some dope raps over a soul instrumental. Case in point, Breakdown, the new release from The O’s, which lifts a thoroughly live and soulful instrumental from Angie Stone’s Do What U Gotta Do to head-nodding effect. Comprised of Kansan-born emcees Adullessence, Mike Schpitz and Stik Figa, The O’s more than do justice to Angie’s beat, breaking down the ins and outs of a life dedicated to pursueing hip-hop perfection. While Breakdown won’t be found on their forthcoming EP, with an introduction like this I’m sure fans of good music everywhere will be eagerly awaiting what did make the project.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.