Production duo The Opus (aka Mr. Echo and The Isle of Weight), also known as one-half of Chicago group Rubberoom, are making their DJBooth debut today with International, a globally oriented single that brings on fellow Windy City representatives The Gent$ (Pugz Atmoz, Wes Restless and Ill Legit) to handle the rhyme work. Following me so far? Good, then let’s keep traveling. Opening with a string section that could serve as the opening scene of a Bollywood film, Opus quickly throw down more hip-hop percussion and bass for a beat that has one foot in India and the other in the U.S. Lyrically The Gent$ lay down a cinematic tale that finds them chasing a mysterious, dangerous and enticing female from the streets of Austin to lush compounds in Bombay. While previous fans of The Opus and Gent$ should by now know to expect the unexpected, newcomers will likely find themselves hitting rewind trying to unravel International’s twists and turns, and that’s just the way they like it. Those bold enough to pick up Opus’ intricately titled and upcoming mixtape, The Opus of the Opus II, may just want to make sure they have their passports in order first.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/4/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.