Production duo The Opus (aka Mr. Echo and The Isle of Weight), also known as one-half of Chicago group Rubberoom, are making their DJBooth debut today with International, a globally oriented single that brings on fellow Windy City representatives The Gent$ (Pugz Atmoz, Wes Restless and Ill Legit) to handle the rhyme work. Following me so far? Good, then let’s keep traveling. Opening with a string section that could serve as the opening scene of a Bollywood film, Opus quickly throw down more hip-hop percussion and bass for a beat that has one foot in India and the other in the U.S. Lyrically The Gent$ lay down a cinematic tale that finds them chasing a mysterious, dangerous and enticing female from the streets of Austin to lush compounds in Bombay. While previous fans of The Opus and Gent$ should by now know to expect the unexpected, newcomers will likely find themselves hitting rewind trying to unravel International’s twists and turns, and that’s just the way they like it. Those bold enough to pick up Opus’ intricately titled and upcoming mixtape, The Opus of the Opus II, may just want to make sure they have their passports in order first.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/4/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.