Production duo The Opus (aka Mr. Echo and The Isle of Weight), also known as one-half of Chicago group Rubberoom, are making their DJBooth debut today with International, a globally oriented single that brings on fellow Windy City representatives The Gent$ (Pugz Atmoz, Wes Restless and Ill Legit) to handle the rhyme work. Following me so far? Good, then let’s keep traveling. Opening with a string section that could serve as the opening scene of a Bollywood film, Opus quickly throw down more hip-hop percussion and bass for a beat that has one foot in India and the other in the U.S. Lyrically The Gent$ lay down a cinematic tale that finds them chasing a mysterious, dangerous and enticing female from the streets of Austin to lush compounds in Bombay. While previous fans of The Opus and Gent$ should by now know to expect the unexpected, newcomers will likely find themselves hitting rewind trying to unravel International’s twists and turns, and that’s just the way they like it. Those bold enough to pick up Opus’ intricately titled and upcoming mixtape, The Opus of the Opus II, may just want to make sure they have their passports in order first.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/4/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)