As production duo Oddz.n.Endz, Justin “Jay Houston” Harris and Nick “Nino” Lazzeri have lent their boardwork to an impressive variety of Booth-featured cuts, crafting head-noddable hip-hop cuts (Freeway‘s Hustle Baby) and R&B slow-jams (Slim‘s Muse) with equal skill and panache. Though diversity is their calling-card, their latest endeavor is different enough to merit a whole new stage name. So High, their first release as The Oddictions, is a full-blown club banger, with all the scintillating synths and four-on-the-floor percussion that entails. Carlyle, the duo’s signee and their collaborator on Never Go, turns in a euphoric vocal performance to match his label bosses’ dancefloor-ready grooves. Has this Oddictive jam left you fiending for more? Then watch our pages for more fresh tunes leading up to the August 1, arrival of the DJ/producer duo’s Sounds Over Shapes LP.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.