Remember when David Blaine sat inside an ice box (literally) for a couple days? Although it wasn’t necessarily magic, it was definitely trill, a vibe Houston quartet The Nice Guys capture on their new single, Magick, off their upcoming James Kelley album…has it been nearly two years since they released The Show? Fans have been waiting anxiously for more official music from The Niceguys, cheer up kiddos, because Magick doesn’t disappoint. Produced by member Christolph, Magick is a grainy and layer-heavy record where the emcee Yves Saint spits braggadocio lines in between a screwed chorus, providing us with an authentic Houston sound. With several wizardry references throughout the record including Criss Angel, the aforementioned David Blaine, and even Houdini, I must say my favorite reference was Gryffindor (Gryffindor house ain’t nothin’ to f*ck with). James Kelley will be released to the masses on September 11, but in the meantime, feel free to press play and get Houdini on them hoes.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.