You never know what to expect when you first press play on a new track from always unpredictable Houston quartet The Niceguys, especially when it has a title as enigmatic as 265 (Inglorious Basterds). So it should be no surprise that I’m struggling to describe the instrumental that Christolph and Free put together for 265: um….it sounds like a Mariachi band had sex with a club banger. How’s that? It’s not an easy beat to attack, but per usual Niceguys’ emcee Easy Yves Saint delivers a performance that’s both complex and openly swag. Man, after this I really don’t know what to expect from the group’s upcoming album James Kelly, due out September 11, and I think that’s exactly the way they like it.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.