You never know what to expect when you first press play on a new track from always unpredictable Houston quartet The Niceguys, especially when it has a title as enigmatic as 265 (Inglorious Basterds). So it should be no surprise that I’m struggling to describe the instrumental that Christolph and Free put together for 265: um….it sounds like a Mariachi band had sex with a club banger. How’s that? It’s not an easy beat to attack, but per usual Niceguys’ emcee Easy Yves Saint delivers a performance that’s both complex and openly swag. Man, after this I really don’t know what to expect from the group’s upcoming album James Kelly, due out September 11, and I think that’s exactly the way they like it.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.