You never know what to expect when you first press play on a new track from always unpredictable Houston quartet The Niceguys, especially when it has a title as enigmatic as 265 (Inglorious Basterds). So it should be no surprise that I’m struggling to describe the instrumental that Christolph and Free put together for 265: um….it sounds like a Mariachi band had sex with a club banger. How’s that? It’s not an easy beat to attack, but per usual Niceguys’ emcee Easy Yves Saint delivers a performance that’s both complex and openly swag. Man, after this I really don’t know what to expect from the group’s upcoming album James Kelly, due out September 11, and I think that’s exactly the way they like it.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.