You never know what to expect when you first press play on a new track from always unpredictable Houston quartet The Niceguys, especially when it has a title as enigmatic as 265 (Inglorious Basterds). So it should be no surprise that I’m struggling to describe the instrumental that Christolph and Free put together for 265: um….it sounds like a Mariachi band had sex with a club banger. How’s that? It’s not an easy beat to attack, but per usual Niceguys’ emcee Easy Yves Saint delivers a performance that’s both complex and openly swag. Man, after this I really don’t know what to expect from the group’s upcoming album James Kelly, due out September 11, and I think that’s exactly the way they like it.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.