You never know what to expect when you first press play on a new track from always unpredictable Houston quartet The Niceguys, especially when it has a title as enigmatic as 265 (Inglorious Basterds). So it should be no surprise that I’m struggling to describe the instrumental that Christolph and Free put together for 265: um….it sounds like a Mariachi band had sex with a club banger. How’s that? It’s not an easy beat to attack, but per usual Niceguys’ emcee Easy Yves Saint delivers a performance that’s both complex and openly swag. Man, after this I really don’t know what to expect from the group’s upcoming album James Kelly, due out September 11, and I think that’s exactly the way they like it.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.