Introduced to the DJBooth readership via Jealou$y, a reader-acclaimed jam featuring guest bars by West Coast buzzmaker Casey Veggies, Cali rock ensemble The Neighbourhood return to our pages with another eclectic collaboration. Hate Machine is every bit as dark and menacing as its title implies. An eerie, sitar-laced instrumental backdrop accompanies Jesse Rutherford as he ominously “serenades” a love interest through a thick layer of Auto-Tune. Just when the oppressive atmosphere threatens to become stifling, Motown phenom Danny Brown steps out of the shadows to spit an animated closing 16. Interest piqued? More fresh, eclectic jams await on sophomore set #000000 & #FFFFFF, which is currently unscheduled. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
Columbia Records/Revolve Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.