Introduced to the DJBooth readership via Jealou$y, a reader-acclaimed jam featuring guest bars by West Coast buzzmaker Casey Veggies, Cali rock ensemble The Neighbourhood return to our pages with another eclectic collaboration. Hate Machine is every bit as dark and menacing as its title implies. An eerie, sitar-laced instrumental backdrop accompanies Jesse Rutherford as he ominously “serenades” a love interest through a thick layer of Auto-Tune. Just when the oppressive atmosphere threatens to become stifling, Motown phenom Danny Brown steps out of the shadows to spit an animated closing 16. Interest piqued? More fresh, eclectic jams await on sophomore set #000000 & #FFFFFF, which is currently unscheduled. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
Columbia Records/Revolve Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)