Some rappers are driven by pure and simple love of the music, others by an insatiable appetite for paper. Booth newcomer The Narcicyst? Judging by inaugural EP song release Blame the Label, the Montreal/Dubai dual repper is motivated primarily by his crushing ennui with the wackness pervading today’s game—along with his burning desire to bang beautiful Al Jazeera anchors. Backed by MTL beatsmith Sandhill‘s cinematic string and harpsichord loops, the artist chronicles his dissatisfaction with contemporary hip-hop (“I got tired of the gat-clappin’ and the backpackin’...), before segueing into a (tenuously related) erotic fantasy starring Ghida Fakhry. Interest piqued? Then take a Leap of Faith and cop the rhymesayer’s latest project, released today.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.