Some rappers are driven by pure and simple love of the music, others by an insatiable appetite for paper. Booth newcomer The Narcicyst? Judging by inaugural EP song release Blame the Label, the Montreal/Dubai dual repper is motivated primarily by his crushing ennui with the wackness pervading today’s game—along with his burning desire to bang beautiful Al Jazeera anchors. Backed by MTL beatsmith Sandhill‘s cinematic string and harpsichord loops, the artist chronicles his dissatisfaction with contemporary hip-hop (“I got tired of the gat-clappin’ and the backpackin’...), before segueing into a (tenuously related) erotic fantasy starring Ghida Fakhry. Interest piqued? Then take a Leap of Faith and cop the rhymesayer’s latest project, released today.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.