It’s impossible to encapsulate the centuries of oppression, striving and occasional triumphs that comprise the African-American experience in 28 days, much less three-and-a-half minutes; at most, you can offer a taste, and hopefully inspire your audience to delve deeper. The Militia, the beatsmith who hooked up with the Booth to drop his acclaimed Timeless Classic EP last September, endeavor to do just that on new promo single Black History, making its world premiere on our front page. Here, the headliner’s soulful sample work, laced with the recorded words of Maya Angelou and Martin Luther King, Jr., backs emcees Curtessy and Mo the General as they interpret current events through the lens of historical struggles. As inspiring as it is informative, this single is unattached to any forthcoming project; fans, however, can watch the Booth for more from all three collaborators in the weeks and months ahead.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Many" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.