It’s impossible to encapsulate the centuries of oppression, striving and occasional triumphs that comprise the African-American experience in 28 days, much less three-and-a-half minutes; at most, you can offer a taste, and hopefully inspire your audience to delve deeper. The Militia, the beatsmith who hooked up with the Booth to drop his acclaimed Timeless Classic EP last September, endeavor to do just that on new promo single Black History, making its world premiere on our front page. Here, the headliner’s soulful sample work, laced with the recorded words of Maya Angelou and Martin Luther King, Jr., backs emcees Curtessy and Mo the General as they interpret current events through the lens of historical struggles. As inspiring as it is informative, this single is unattached to any forthcoming project; fans, however, can watch the Booth for more from all three collaborators in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Many" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.