It’s impossible to encapsulate the centuries of oppression, striving and occasional triumphs that comprise the African-American experience in 28 days, much less three-and-a-half minutes; at most, you can offer a taste, and hopefully inspire your audience to delve deeper. The Militia, the beatsmith who hooked up with the Booth to drop his acclaimed Timeless Classic EP last September, endeavor to do just that on new promo single Black History, making its world premiere on our front page. Here, the headliner’s soulful sample work, laced with the recorded words of Maya Angelou and Martin Luther King, Jr., backs emcees Curtessy and Mo the General as they interpret current events through the lens of historical struggles. As inspiring as it is informative, this single is unattached to any forthcoming project; fans, however, can watch the Booth for more from all three collaborators in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Many" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.