It’s impossible to encapsulate the centuries of oppression, striving and occasional triumphs that comprise the African-American experience in 28 days, much less three-and-a-half minutes; at most, you can offer a taste, and hopefully inspire your audience to delve deeper. The Militia, the beatsmith who hooked up with the Booth to drop his acclaimed Timeless Classic EP last September, endeavor to do just that on new promo single Black History, making its world premiere on our front page. Here, the headliner’s soulful sample work, laced with the recorded words of Maya Angelou and Martin Luther King, Jr., backs emcees Curtessy and Mo the General as they interpret current events through the lens of historical struggles. As inspiring as it is informative, this single is unattached to any forthcoming project; fans, however, can watch the Booth for more from all three collaborators in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Many" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)