The MIDI Mafia are not just similar to the real mafia in name alone. Like the organized crime syndicate, the production duo is making moves, seeking to control the game and make some coin in the process. In a new venture, MIDI has teamed up with MTV to cook up GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, a project featuring original production and the hottest up-and-comers ,which will be showcased across the network’s various outlets. The partnership officially lifted off with the release of Back Down, featuring MMG signee Rockie Fresh. Over a dangerously catchy beat, powered by a sped up vocal sample, the Electric Highway author weaves through the track, dedicating the relentless cut to “the girls around the world getting stacks now”. Back Down is the first of what are sure to be many DJBooth features from GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Want That" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.