The MIDI Mafia are not just similar to the real mafia in name alone. Like the organized crime syndicate, the production duo is making moves, seeking to control the game and make some coin in the process. In a new venture, MIDI has teamed up with MTV to cook up GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, a project featuring original production and the hottest up-and-comers ,which will be showcased across the network’s various outlets. The partnership officially lifted off with the release of Back Down, featuring MMG signee Rockie Fresh. Over a dangerously catchy beat, powered by a sped up vocal sample, the Electric Highway author weaves through the track, dedicating the relentless cut to “the girls around the world getting stacks now”. Back Down is the first of what are sure to be many DJBooth features from GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/4/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.