The MIDI Mafia are not just similar to the real mafia in name alone. Like the organized crime syndicate, the production duo is making moves, seeking to control the game and make some coin in the process. In a new venture, MIDI has teamed up with MTV to cook up GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, a project featuring original production and the hottest up-and-comers ,which will be showcased across the network’s various outlets. The partnership officially lifted off with the release of Back Down, featuring MMG signee Rockie Fresh. Over a dangerously catchy beat, powered by a sped up vocal sample, the Electric Highway author weaves through the track, dedicating the relentless cut to “the girls around the world getting stacks now”. Back Down is the first of what are sure to be many DJBooth features from GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Want That" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.