The MIDI Mafia are not just similar to the real mafia in name alone. Like the organized crime syndicate, the production duo is making moves, seeking to control the game and make some coin in the process. In a new venture, MIDI has teamed up with MTV to cook up GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, a project featuring original production and the hottest up-and-comers ,which will be showcased across the network’s various outlets. The partnership officially lifted off with the release of Back Down, featuring MMG signee Rockie Fresh. Over a dangerously catchy beat, powered by a sped up vocal sample, the Electric Highway author weaves through the track, dedicating the relentless cut to “the girls around the world getting stacks now”. Back Down is the first of what are sure to be many DJBooth features from GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Want That" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.