The MIDI Mafia are not just similar to the real mafia in name alone. Like the organized crime syndicate, the production duo is making moves, seeking to control the game and make some coin in the process. In a new venture, MIDI has teamed up with MTV to cook up GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, a project featuring original production and the hottest up-and-comers ,which will be showcased across the network’s various outlets. The partnership officially lifted off with the release of Back Down, featuring MMG signee Rockie Fresh. Over a dangerously catchy beat, powered by a sped up vocal sample, the Electric Highway author weaves through the track, dedicating the relentless cut to “the girls around the world getting stacks now”. Back Down is the first of what are sure to be many DJBooth features from GET CONNECTED | BRAND X, coming soon.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.