An affiliate of Game‘s Black Wall Street label since the mid-oughts, The Menace (formerly known as Compton Menace) finally has a debut album on the horizon. Which means that those who have stood in his way over the course of his hustle had best watch out; to quote the set’s title, he plans to use his newfound power to Ride on [His] Enemies. Those who supported him, on the other hand, he intends to repay tenfold. On the first song release off the aforementioned full-length, he promises “Imma Put On all My N*ggas that’s been with me since day one.” Prince Productions man the boards on this triumphant street banger, serving up a whip-ready synth instrumental as the emcee reminisces about climb from rags to riches, and invites his inner circle to share in his successes. R&B heavyweight Chris Brown ties the package together with a tuneful guest hook. R.O.M.E. as yet lacks a drop date, but fans can cop this record as a single via iTunes.
Written by richard on 03/2/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)