An affiliate of Game‘s Black Wall Street label since the mid-oughts, The Menace (formerly known as Compton Menace) finally has a debut album on the horizon. Which means that those who have stood in his way over the course of his hustle had best watch out; to quote the set’s title, he plans to use his newfound power to Ride on [His] Enemies. Those who supported him, on the other hand, he intends to repay tenfold. On the first song release off the aforementioned full-length, he promises “Imma Put On all My N*ggas that’s been with me since day one.” Prince Productions man the boards on this triumphant street banger, serving up a whip-ready synth instrumental as the emcee reminisces about climb from rags to riches, and invites his inner circle to share in his successes. R&B heavyweight Chris Brown ties the package together with a tuneful guest hook. R.O.M.E. as yet lacks a drop date, but fans can cop this record as a single via iTunes.
Written by richard on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.