An affiliate of Game‘s Black Wall Street label since the mid-oughts, The Menace (formerly known as Compton Menace) finally has a debut album on the horizon. Which means that those who have stood in his way over the course of his hustle had best watch out; to quote the set’s title, he plans to use his newfound power to Ride on [His] Enemies. Those who supported him, on the other hand, he intends to repay tenfold. On the first song release off the aforementioned full-length, he promises “Imma Put On all My N*ggas that’s been with me since day one.” Prince Productions man the boards on this triumphant street banger, serving up a whip-ready synth instrumental as the emcee reminisces about climb from rags to riches, and invites his inner circle to share in his successes. R&B heavyweight Chris Brown ties the package together with a tuneful guest hook. R.O.M.E. as yet lacks a drop date, but fans can cop this record as a single via iTunes.
Written by richard on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.