As neighbors growing up in Oxnard, California, Dunn and Lazo turned to hip-hop as an alternative to the street life. This past April, a decade after they first linked up, the duo, known collectively as The Majors, finally dropped their official debut album. Though Wassup Wit It was chosen as the twosome’s debut single, the track that’s really turning heads (and that finally caught the Booth’s attention) is the follow-up, on which Dunn and Lazo pay tribute to a woman they love in the Worst Way. The highlight of this track comes courtesy of Damon Reel, who delivers grown-sounding hook and background vocals over Eddie G & The Professor‘s synth-heavy beat. Already getting rotation as far east as Wichita and set to expand even farther, Worst Way has all the makings of a late-summer hit. Those who like what they hear can find more pop-appealing jams on Novus Tempus (Latin for new time), available now in stores and online.
Written by Burmy on 08/10/09
Submit your Rating
First Rounders Ent. (Independant)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.