Straight outta Bloomington, Indiana, The Main Squeeze introduce their “post-funk” style to The DJBooth with Colorful Midst, the opening track of their latest album. Here, instrumentalists Ben “Smiley” Silverstein, Max Newman, Willie Robinson and Reuben Gingrich come together to craft a dynamic, jazz-infused instrumental backdrop for vocalist Corey Frye‘s narrative of struggle and rebirth in a romantic relationship. For more, check out The Main Squeeze‘s self-titled set, available in stores and online as of June 2.
Written by richard on 06/29/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.