Straight outta Bloomington, Indiana, The Main Squeeze introduce their “post-funk” style to The DJBooth with Colorful Midst, the opening track of their latest album. Here, instrumentalists Ben “Smiley” Silverstein, Max Newman, Willie Robinson and Reuben Gingrich come together to craft a dynamic, jazz-infused instrumental backdrop for vocalist Corey Frye‘s narrative of struggle and rebirth in a romantic relationship. For more, check out The Main Squeeze‘s self-titled set, available in stores and online as of June 2.
Written by richard on 06/29/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.