Straight outta Bloomington, Indiana, The Main Squeeze introduce their “post-funk” style to The DJBooth with Colorful Midst, the opening track of their latest album. Here, instrumentalists Ben “Smiley” Silverstein, Max Newman, Willie Robinson and Reuben Gingrich come together to craft a dynamic, jazz-infused instrumental backdrop for vocalist Corey Frye‘s narrative of struggle and rebirth in a romantic relationship. For more, check out The Main Squeeze‘s self-titled set, available in stores and online as of June 2.
Written by richard on 06/29/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.