Straight outta Bloomington, Indiana, The Main Squeeze introduce their “post-funk” style to The DJBooth with Colorful Midst, the opening track of their latest album. Here, instrumentalists Ben “Smiley” Silverstein, Max Newman, Willie Robinson and Reuben Gingrich come together to craft a dynamic, jazz-infused instrumental backdrop for vocalist Corey Frye‘s narrative of struggle and rebirth in a romantic relationship. For more, check out The Main Squeeze‘s self-titled set, available in stores and online as of June 2.
Written by richard on 06/29/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.