Straight outta Bloomington, Indiana, The Main Squeeze introduce their “post-funk” style to The DJBooth with Colorful Midst, the opening track of their latest album. Here, instrumentalists Ben “Smiley” Silverstein, Max Newman, Willie Robinson and Reuben Gingrich come together to craft a dynamic, jazz-infused instrumental backdrop for vocalist Corey Frye‘s narrative of struggle and rebirth in a romantic relationship. For more, check out The Main Squeeze‘s self-titled set, available in stores and online as of June 2.
Written by richard on 06/29/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)