Though Ashanti Floyd has been busy lending his instrumental talents to joints by the likes of Big K.R.I.T. (Multi Till the Sun Die) and Meek Mill (Lay Up), it’s been a minute since The Mad Violinist and his Symphony Crack Orchestra have stepped into the Booth with a fresh solo feature. (Generation X hit our front page in August of 2012.) Today, the instrumental powerhouse returns to kick his 2013 off right with Trap Ways, a single-to-be off his next studio album. As its title suggests, the record finds Floyd and his colleagues dabbling in trendy EDM territory. Along with the obligatory booming bass and crisp hi-hats, the joint boasts live bass by Michael Belluso and a screaming guitar solo by Matt Barrett. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the August arrival of The Mad Violinist’s next full-length, RLR (Real Legend Radio).
Written by richard on 06/10/13
Submit your Rating
Symphony Crack/The Building Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kiss the Sky" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.