Though Ashanti Floyd has been busy lending his instrumental talents to joints by the likes of Big K.R.I.T. (Multi Till the Sun Die) and Meek Mill (Lay Up), it’s been a minute since The Mad Violinist and his Symphony Crack Orchestra have stepped into the Booth with a fresh solo feature. (Generation X hit our front page in August of 2012.) Today, the instrumental powerhouse returns to kick his 2013 off right with Trap Ways, a single-to-be off his next studio album. As its title suggests, the record finds Floyd and his colleagues dabbling in trendy EDM territory. Along with the obligatory booming bass and crisp hi-hats, the joint boasts live bass by Michael Belluso and a screaming guitar solo by Matt Barrett. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the August arrival of The Mad Violinist’s next full-length, RLR (Real Legend Radio).
Symphony Crack/The Building Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kiss the Sky" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.