Though Ashanti Floyd has been busy lending his instrumental talents to joints by the likes of Big K.R.I.T. (Multi Till the Sun Die) and Meek Mill (Lay Up), it’s been a minute since The Mad Violinist and his Symphony Crack Orchestra have stepped into the Booth with a fresh solo feature. (Generation X hit our front page in August of 2012.) Today, the instrumental powerhouse returns to kick his 2013 off right with Trap Ways, a single-to-be off his next studio album. As its title suggests, the record finds Floyd and his colleagues dabbling in trendy EDM territory. Along with the obligatory booming bass and crisp hi-hats, the joint boasts live bass by Michael Belluso and a screaming guitar solo by Matt Barrett. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the August arrival of The Mad Violinist’s next full-length, RLR (Real Legend Radio).
Symphony Crack/The Building Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kiss the Sky" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!