By now anyone familair with The Mad Violinist should know to take his name at face value - the man just doesn’t make your run-of-the-mill music. And if you’re not familiar, it’s time to get familiar. (© Clinton Sparks.) For his latest effort, the electronically orchestral Generation X, The Mad Violinist, his complete contingent of Symphony Crack players and co-producer Restless put together a track that’s part hip-hop, part dubstep and all really, really hard to easily describe. Top it all off with some soaring vocals from Asia Bryant (it’s good to have you back on The DJBooth Asia) and you’ve got a great reason to check out the Violinist and company’s addictive new album Fiend, available now via iTunes.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/12
Submit your Rating
Symphony Crack/The Building Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kiss the Sky" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.