By now anyone familair with The Mad Violinist should know to take his name at face value - the man just doesn’t make your run-of-the-mill music. And if you’re not familiar, it’s time to get familiar. (© Clinton Sparks.) For his latest effort, the electronically orchestral Generation X, The Mad Violinist, his complete contingent of Symphony Crack players and co-producer Restless put together a track that’s part hip-hop, part dubstep and all really, really hard to easily describe. Top it all off with some soaring vocals from Asia Bryant (it’s good to have you back on The DJBooth Asia) and you’ve got a great reason to check out the Violinist and company’s addictive new album Fiend, available now via iTunes.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/12
Submit your Rating
Symphony Crack/The Building Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kiss the Sky" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.