We’ve all watched enough Hollywood war scenes to know the general outline: strenuous training (with a workout montage, no doubt), hopeful reflection, and then, a major rally that leads into an epic battle. DJBooth premiere Battle Field, by The Mad Violinist and Chris Morgan of The Symphony Crack Orchestra, provides the perfect soundtrack to such a scene. While this track starts smooth and serene, it accelerates gradually with a combination of marching-style percussion and emotive crescendos, and fluctuates between slow and fast tempos. The Mad Violinist throughout showcases his adept quick performance technique and hard-hitting jazz violin style. A classical head-banger? Definitely, when rapid strings collide with Chris Morgan’s beats and culminates at the end in an adrenaline-filled saga. While slow to start, the sections add up nicely to the multi-faceted ending that is sure to prove you don’t always need lyrics to connect to an artist. And who needs words in a battle field scene when you have raw emotion? The all-instrumental track is the third release from The Addiction and is yet another glimpse at what we have to look forward to when the album drops August 1.
Notes: Premiere. All instrumental song. The Mad Violinist and Chris Morgan (The Symphony Crack Orchestra) collaborate on the newest release from the long-delayed album, due out this August. Info: http://www.symphonycrack.com/
Recent Mad Violinist Arrangements:
Lupe Fiasco - “The Show Goes On”
Lil Wayne - “Right Above It”
Nicki Minaj - “Im The Best”
Fantasia ft. Cee-Lo Green “Thrill is Gone”
Fantasia “Move On Me”
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 07/19/11
Submit your Rating
Symphony Crack/The Building Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kiss the Sky" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.