Coming down off their acid trip on Extraneous, The Lower Class are back in the Booth, this time paying homage to the year that brought us De La Soul’s 3 Feet High And Rising, Gang Starr’s No More Mr. Nice Guy and EMPD’s Unfinished Business. 89, features minimalist (yet effective) boardwork from LC member imaGenius, which serves as the perfect foundation for the diverse styles from his fellow Lower Classers. The bare-bones production also allows for the lyrical abilities of imaGenius, Pliny Science and Kartune to shine, as they each duck and dive over the beat while paying homage to their predecessors and the Golden Era of Hip-Hop. Expect to see the crew again very soon as 89 is set to get a visual makeover in anticipation of their Wingfield (Deluxe Ed.) LP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Lower Class’ Kartune-animated and directed 89 visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.