Coming down off their acid trip on Extraneous, The Lower Class are back in the Booth, this time paying homage to the year that brought us De La Soul’s 3 Feet High And Rising, Gang Starr’s No More Mr. Nice Guy and EMPD’s Unfinished Business. 89, features minimalist (yet effective) boardwork from LC member imaGenius, which serves as the perfect foundation for the diverse styles from his fellow Lower Classers. The bare-bones production also allows for the lyrical abilities of imaGenius, Pliny Science and Kartune to shine, as they each duck and dive over the beat while paying homage to their predecessors and the Golden Era of Hip-Hop. Expect to see the crew again very soon as 89 is set to get a visual makeover in anticipation of their Wingfield (Deluxe Ed.) LP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Lower Class’ Kartune-animated and directed 89 visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.