As a group that’s built its name on transforming ridiculous rap clichés into comedy gold, it was only a matter of time before The Lonely Island took on the YOLO movement. The group’s latest video single, already sitting at 8 million YouTube views following its debut on SNL this past weekend, finds Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg reprising their approach from 2009’s Slim Thug-inspired Like a Boss, and twisting Drizzy‘s Motto into an over-the-top mirror image of its original meaning: instead of encouraging fast living and irresponsible behavior, the crew advise listeners to preserve their health by refraining from any behavior that’s remotely risky or fun. Kendrick Lamar grabs the mic to share some conservative investing tips on verse three, and Maroon Five frontman Adam Levine lends his vocals to the chorus. As the final seconds of the video reveal, this viral smash will be appearing on a new album, due out before year’s end. Keep it locked for details on the LP, as well as the latest singles.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Had Sex" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.