As a group that’s built its name on transforming ridiculous rap clichés into comedy gold, it was only a matter of time before The Lonely Island took on the YOLO movement. The group’s latest video single, already sitting at 8 million YouTube views following its debut on SNL this past weekend, finds Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg reprising their approach from 2009’s Slim Thug-inspired Like a Boss, and twisting Drizzy‘s Motto into an over-the-top mirror image of its original meaning: instead of encouraging fast living and irresponsible behavior, the crew advise listeners to preserve their health by refraining from any behavior that’s remotely risky or fun. Kendrick Lamar grabs the mic to share some conservative investing tips on verse three, and Maroon Five frontman Adam Levine lends his vocals to the chorus. As the final seconds of the video reveal, this viral smash will be appearing on a new album, due out before year’s end. Keep it locked for details on the LP, as well as the latest singles.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Had Sex" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.